The Intensive Course is designed to provide a thorough knowledge of general English at all levels. The course covers the four basic skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and is specially programmed to improve communication skills in spoken and written English. We place great importance on oral communication in the classroom, and course- books and supplementary materials are interesting and stimulating. Two teachers are responsible for each programme and regular progress tests are built into the syllabus. This course may be taken in combination with one of our afternoon group classes or afternoon one-to-one lessons.
20 x 60 minute group lessons = 20 hours’ group tuition per week.
All levels are available from beginner* to advanced.
- Beginner’s courses are held on fixed dates.
Minimum Course Duration
The Intensive Course is designed for students aged 17+
Average Number of Students per class
8-10 per class (depending on the time of year)
Maximum class size
Courses are held year-round in Palmerston Park and Milltown Park. During the summer months, this course may be held at one of our summer centres.
Testing and Placement
Students are given an oral and written test on the first day of their course and placed in a class appropriate to their level of English. Students’ progress is monitored on an ongoing basis and their class level is adjusted accordingly.
Students attending a General Course can also prepare for the following examinations: University of Cambridge (PET, First Certificate, Advanced & Proficiency), TIE Examination (Test of Interactive English), TOEIC, (certification available at all levels), TOEFL and IELTS. All Examinations are subject to availability and payment of the appropriate fee.
We use the most up-to-date textbooks and teaching materials. Textbooks are not included in the course fee. Students can purchase textbooks from the school or from recommended bookstores in the city centre. Textbooks cost approximately €35. We can include the cost of a first book in your invoice on request.
Please check availability with the Institute before confirming any of our courses. Once the booking is confirmed students can begin their course on any Monday morning at 09.00am, except for complete beginners who can only start on fixed dates.
What is included in the course fee?
- Written and oral placement test
- Tuition (60 minutes per lesson)
- Interesting and stimulating supplementary course materials
- Use of multi-media facilities and free WiFi
- Ongoing support and monitoring by class teachers and Director of Studies
- Regular seminars such as “Living and Working in Ireland” and “CV Preparation and Interviews”
- Rich and varied Social Programme
- Diploma on completion of course with personalised student report
- Welcome Kit with guides and maps and student handbook
- Exclusive access to Emerald student website with information, interactive presentations and free learning resources
این مدرسه این برنامه ها را ارائه می نماید:
آخرین به روز رسانی February 1, 2018